Characteristics and Uses of Insoluble Sulfur
Insoluble sulfur (Insoluble Sulfur), formula: Su, is a non-toxic, flammable yellow powder, because it is insoluble in carbon disulfide named. It is prepared by ordinary sulfur thermal polymerization, the molecular chain of sulfur atoms as high as more than 108, there is high polymer viscoelasticity and molecular weight distribution, so also known as elastic sulfur or polymerization sulfur, belong to inorganic polymer chemical raw material.
1) Insoluble sulfur in the rubber in the presence of dispersion, so that the rubber does not spray cream, good viscosity, while ensuring the appearance of light quality products.
2) Insoluble sulfur evenly dispersed in the rubber, effectively resist the accumulation of sulfur, reducing the focus of the process of storage of rubber burning tendency.
3) Insoluble sulfur, so that the rubber in the storage period does not spray frost, and maintain the performance of rubber composition is uniform. To prevent the pollution of the products and moulds, and to remove the coating process to overcome the frost spray, so as to provide conditions for the production linkage.
4) Insoluble sulfur causes no migration of rubber in adjacent adhesive layers. Especially in the rubber polybutadience rubber and butyl rubber, while the ordinary sulfur migration rate is very high, adding insoluble sulfur can be avoided after.
5) Insoluble sulfur shortens the curing time. When the curing temperature is reached, it has a "activation stage", that is, chain depolymerization, which accelerates the vulcanization rate and reduces the amount of sulfur, which is beneficial to the improvement of the aging properties of the products.
Insoluble sulfur, it is mainly used as a rubber manufacturing industry advanced accelerator and curing agent is widely used in tires and other rubber composite products, rubber adhesive such as tire carcass rubber, rubber, rubber cushion and turning white wall tire, rubber hose, tape and other rubber and skeleton materials in also, can be used for rubber cables, rubber roller, rubber shoes, rubber seal products, also used in light colored rubber products in large amount of sulfur. Because the insoluble sulfur can make the meridian, steel wire and rubber paste more firmly, effectively prevent the spraying of rubber material, and improve the heat resistance and wear resistance of the tire. Therefore, insoluble sulfur is an important material in tire production
At present, in the rubber industry with sulfur as vulcanizing agent is still very wide, as sulfur (S) - a variant of insoluble sulfur (IS), both at home and abroad is widely used in tires, rubber shoes, rubber hose, rubber belt, sundry goods production, and has been in the bonding of rubber and steel wire is widely used in.
Insoluble sulfur (IS), sulfur (S) is a linear polymer of long chain of deep processing, the number of sulfur atoms on the molecular chains of up to 108 above; the visco elastic polymer and the molecular weight distribution; insoluble in carbon disulfide, called insoluble sulfur. Insoluble sulfur (IS) is mainly used in rubber products. Compared with ordinary sulfur, it has the following Advantages:
1.rubber should not be sprayed during storage. Keep the rubber composition and uniform performance; avoid glue spray frost caused by poor adhesion; to prevent pollution of products and molds and removed the coating process and add to overcome spray frost, provide the conditions for the production of linkage.
2.There is no migration in the adjacent adhesive layer. Especially in the rubber polybutadience rubber and butyl rubber in the ordinary sulfur migration rate is very high, adding insoluble sulfur can be avoided.
3. Reduce burning during mixing and storage.
4. Shorten the vulcanization time. When the curing temperature is reached, it has a "activation stage", that is, chain depolymerization, which accelerates the vulcanization rate and reduces the amount of sulfur, which is beneficial to the improvement of the aging properties of the products.
5.Rubber and other materials conducive to adhesion.
6. Essential auxiliaries in radial tire. In radial tire production, can effectively avoid frosting, also not easy to produce early curing, and the rubber material to maintain good stickiness, conducive to forming operations, and ensure the uniformity of the vulcanized rubber vulcanization, ensure the stable quality of products.